We are always looking for enthusiastic applicants who want to join our team. Should you have any questions please call (510) 642-4000 or send an email to Bronwyn Burman, the Cal Adventures Boating Programs Manager, at email@example.com. We love to talk to prospective staff.
The Cal Adventures Windsurfing Program operates from the Berkeley Marina at the UC Aquatic Center. Classes and clinics occur on weekends from March-November and occasional custom events occur midweek.
Click on a plus sign (+) to reveal more information.
- Instruct Adult Windsurfing courses, private lessons and custom windsurfing events as scheduled by the Boating Programs Manager
- Facilitate the increase of knowledge about windsurfing theory, practical skills, safety, weather, equipment care, experiential education practices and group dynamics
- Demonstrate safety assurance and control when on the water and in the classroom
- Equipment inspections and minor repairs
- Enforce equipment organization and care among windsurfing staff, renters and students
- Ensure student and staff paperwork is being filled out in accordance to class policy
- Operate the rescue boat during class for ease of access to students
- Update Cal Adventures managers on specific site conditions and hazards
- Attend required trainings for windsurfing staff (General Staff & Motorboat Trainings)
- Other projects as assigned
- High level of experience and comfort level in high wind conditions (15+ knots)
- Experience teaching adults and/or youth (ideally instructional windsurfing courses)
- Well organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and mature individual
- Demonstrated experience serving in a leadership role
- CPR and First Aid – or the ability to attain these certifications by the first day of employment
- Competence, experience and skill with the use of small motor boats as teaching aids and rescue craft
- Familiarity with San Francisco Bay and the South Sailing Basin at the Berkeley Marina
- Pro purchase deals
- Access to the Recreational Sports Facility and pools at UC Berkeley
- Substantial discount on other Cal Adventures courses or trainings
- Free outdoor equipment rental at UCAC