Summer Swim Instructor | Camps & Groups
Under the direction of the Youth Programs Aquatics Coordinator, the Aquatics Director, and the Youth Program Supervisor, the swim lesson instructor instructs participants in swimming technique, skill, and water safety. Effectively teaches our hybrid curriculum teaching swimming skills and safety to children. Demonstrates skills to class, breaks down and presents swimming skills in a logical sequence, organizes class to practice skills. Interacts with every child in the class for each lesson, monitors class participation, maintains a safe class atmosphere and keeps constant watch over participants. Applicant must convey an enthusiastic and positive attitude while instructing class in the swimming pool. Applicants must be able to relate well to children. Swim Instructors must also be able to exercise good judgment and safely supervise children. Applicants must have the sensory abilities (e.g. hearing, seeing) necessary to perform the duties of the position. Being a WSI (Water Safety Instructor) is a plus but not a requirement.
Required: American Red Cross Adult and Child First Aid, CPR & AED.
$13.00-$14.00 per hour
Summer & Fall only
- Spencer Hawkins, Aquatics Director Recreational Sports Facility (RSF)
- Email: email@example.com
- 510-643-4397 | Fax 510-642-0990
Swimming Instructor | Year Round Adult Students
Provide swim lessons/ private or group to adults of all levels and abilities based on American Red Cross standards and program requirements. Assist users with membership services including program schedules, facility amenities, and general information. Answer facility and program related questions. Open/close facility when needed. Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
Required: American Red Cross First Aid, CPR & AED. Preferred: American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor.
Students may work 5-20 hrs/wk during the quarter and up to 40 hrs/wk during the academic breaks.
- Download an Application Packet here, or pick one up from the Cal Rec Club (CRC) membership desk (Mon-Sat) at the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF): 2301 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720-4420
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application packet.
- NOTE: If hired, you will need to be in possession of documents that prove you are authorized to work in the United States. A list of accepted documents can be found on the last page of Homeland Security Form I-9.
Adult Swimming Lessons:
- Geoffrey Suguitan, Instructional Fitness Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- 510-643-8032 | Fax 510-642-0990